Alberta Snowmobile insurance-Loss prevention tips for all your home matters provided by: Action Insurance Group
Did You Know?
Before you turn on the engine, learn how to properly operate the mechanical controls
and safety devices of your snowmobile. It is also important to read the owner’s manual and take a safety course. Don’t let an accident or injury ruin your day—keep your rides scenic and safe with the following safety recommendations.
Inexperienced riders are much more likely to be involved in serious snowmobiling accidents than their seasoned counterparts. Therefore, you should look for available safety courses for both adults and young riders in your area. In most provinces, they are mandatory for extremely young riders (ages 10 to 15) if they intend to ride off their parents’ property. You should also ensure through Action Insurance Group that you have valid Alberta snowmobile insurance coverage adequate for the use and riders.
Snowmobiling Safety Tips
- Wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing suitable for the environment that you are riding in.
- Do not allow young or inexperienced riders to operate snowmobiles without supervision.
- Do not consume alcohol or use drugs before or during your ride.
- Learn the proper riding skills and practise them while the motor is turned off.
- Always maintain a safe distance between other riders, and never ride alone.
- Stay on trails designated for snowmobile use.
- Dress and equip yourself appropriately before riding. Check your local forecast to prevent cold-related illnesses.Safety First
If you are involved in an accident on a snowmobile involving other people, you must stop and give the following information to everyone involved:
- Your name and address
- The name and address of the owner of the vehicle (if that is not you)
- The vehicle’s registration number
- Need a competitive quote on your snowmobile or ATV? Looking for Alberta snowmobile insurance coverage? Take Action! Let the professionals at Action Insurance quote you today!
(Photo courtesy of Alberta Snowmobile Association)