What Kind of Insurance Does My Small Business Require?

If you operate a small business, even if you never have your clients or employees enter your home, there are still risks to liability. You may operate an IT consulting business from your home and be asked to give a presentation to a prospective client at their offices. You plug your laptop into their boardroom table, and someone enters the boardroom, trips on your cable, and breaks their arm. In the event this client sues, the court may find that that you are liable for this person’s medical costs and loss of income from work. This is just one such example where business liability insurance will protect you and your corporation from such claims.  Action Insurance group’s commerical department can help break down the different types of coverage.

What Coverage is Best for My Small Business?

The coverage you need for a small business is very much dependent on the type of business you are operating. There are two basic types of policies- One is obtaining an endorsement to your existing homeowner’s policy that is specifically tailored to your home-office business. The second type of policy is purchasing a separate business insurance policy that is also tailored to the exact needs and nature of your company, and factoring in whether or not it is a home based business. This will provide the most optimum coverage that will help ensure the longetivity of your company.
Don’t forget to disclose any and all potential risks that may exist from this enhanced use of the home for your business to your commercial broker at Action Insurance Group.

Action Insurance Group can help navigate the small business insurance waters for you and make it easy to understand.

Call us today at (403) 457-1000!